Farewell to India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Varkala
October 31st 2006
Published: October 31st 2006
Edit Blog Post

As I write this, we are spending our last night in India. We are due to fly to Sri Lanka at 9:45 tomorrow morning. It just doesn't seem possible that over 6 weeks have passed since left from heathrow to arrive here.

We've spent the last week in Varkala, a beautiful and quiet beach with a number of hotels, bars and shops set along a cliff top. The place is so relaxing and so clean as well. A really nice place for us to bring to a close our trip around India. Yet again, we found an incredibly cheap hotel (the only thing we've paid less for is the bamboo hut), it looks brand new, bright and clean, a balcony and most importantly - hot water! It felt so good jumping in a warm shower for pretty much the first time since we arrived.

The only downside, and one which I'm sure you'll all be glad to know, is that the weather hasn't been great. Apart from today and yesterday it's been raining almost non-stop. And really heavily too. Luckily the sun has come out for the last two days and enabled us to regain our bright red noses. And despite the changeable weather, we've had a really great time. Plenty of browsing the shops for Caroline and plenty of doing nothing for me. Caroline also had time for a trip to the beauty salon - for a facial and a hair treatment. The facial was excellent, but the hair thing was not so good - you can see by the pictures! We were even greated one night by a huge toad the managed to struggle its way into to our bathroom by forcing open the drain by the shower!

So feeling very, very refreshed we're ready for the next leg of our round-the-world tour. India has been absolutely amazing, so much more than we could both ever have imagined. We've met so many interesting and lovely people, seen some incredible places and it's really sad to be leaving. But I am absolutely certain that we will be back here again. This is only the beginning and there's so much more for us to see, plus all the places we've already planned to get back to. But for now, it's on to Sri Lanka - and we can't wait!





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



31st October 2006

Sri Lanka here we come!
Chris and Caroline, thanks for your latest blog, the pictures are fantastic as usual and as the nights close in at home we are all feeling very envious. you certainly have had a wonderful timein India and I'm glad it has exceeded your expectations. I'm not surprised you will be going back- and who knows we may be able to join you!! I hope your visit to Sri Lanka goes well, no doubt you'll be wanting to go to the elephant orphanage. Thanks for keeping us up to date with your adventures, keep up the good work. Have a safe journey and let us know when you arrive. Love you loads and loads, Mum xxxxxxxxx Ps like the beard Chris!!
31st October 2006

Sri Lanka coming up
Lovely pictures again - you both seem so relaxed and happy. Glad you have had such an amazing time in India and hope that carries on with Sri Lanka - I have heard from Nick and no that they have kept in touch so no doubt will speak to you on the phone from there next. Tons of love to you both, Mum/Tricia
6th November 2006

Whats happening in Sri Lanka
Hi Chris and Caroline, just wondering what you've been up to as we haven't heard from you since you arrived in Sri Lanka. I bet you've already managed to get to the elephant orphanage- thats in Kandy isn't it. I hope the weather has picked up for you. Is it very different to India? Let us know your arrangements whilst you are there and when you are moving on to Thailand. Have you got a phone yet Chris? Missing you very much. Keep up with the blog. Lots of love always Mumxxxxxxxxxx
8th November 2006

Where after SriLanka??
Surprise,surprise-even that distance doesn't get you completely free of aunties!!Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip with Chris.Mark and I are off to NZ on 15th Nov till 28th Nov and Aus 29th Nov till 10th Dec.Slim chance you may be there somewhere??What fun if you were.E-mail add is pam@grinsted.co.uk Hope you carry on having an amazing time.Lol Pam

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0729s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb