Slice of paradise


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Varkala
March 26th 2007
Published: March 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we arrived in Varkala by train from Kanyakumari and it was very scenic winding through the countryside and small villages. I went cheap(66 Rupees- $2Can) since it was a short trip only 4hrs and went with the locals which at times was a little squishy. I still had a good time though. It was fun at each stop how the vendors came aboard and sold food and snacks and hot drinks which were very tasty. The bananas are delicious. If your traveling I highly recommend trying the train at least once. So we arrived in Varkala and are set up in this great little place with a view of the water and a short walk to the beach for only 300 Rupees($10 Can) we have yoga classes out our door and massage a stones throw away so we are going to hang out for a few days and relax from all the hustle and bustle of India. Pictures will be along again in a few and I hope you enjoyed the last ones. It is still really hot here and it will be nice to go swimming and cool down. The beach is beautiful and I love listening to the sound of the waves. We ate dinner at a great little spot and watched the sunset over a glass of fresh pineapple juice. The restaurant was really laid back and let us relax and hang out for a while after we finished our meal it felt really romantic and peaceful. Living on bliss in the south of India.
Namaste
Jeannie & Alex

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb