Trapped in Paradise


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Varkala
February 9th 2007
Published: February 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The trouble with some situations is when you get in they seem so great and then once you try to get out not so easy ......

In a country of a billion people, apparently they need to travel also, so booking buses, trains, even planes, becomes a bit of a chore.
Here we sit for the 7th day in Varkala which is brilliant, the sun is hot ( too hot, picked up a little sun stroke I reckon) the beer is cold ( but expensive because of legal issues) and the people friendly ( while they try to sell you stuff......but we CANT LEAVE.
I think we have it figured out for tomorrow we are out and we are doing a down and under to get to where we want to go, but options are limited.
Yesterday I got one of those ayuervedic massages( sorry about spelling) the ones with the oils.....started a little weird, the guy wearing only a loin cloth askes me to get buck naked and sit in a blue plastic lawn chair, as he proceeded to pour hot oil into my hair, and then rubbing it in and the end pulling my hair.... when in rome.
It ended with a face up and face down massage and at some times uncomfortable, not a bad experience.
Today we said goodbye to a few travellers we had met from Calgary. And tonight to another couple we have sent time with from London.
Overall going well, tryng to catch up to our irish mates, but in the country this size, it is kind of like starting in Vancouver and playing catch up with someone starting in Regina, on dirt roads, old rickshaws, and 1971 three in the three taxis...... not the easiest of tasks.
\
Thanks to those who have added comments, I am glad someone is seeing this, we cant wait to be home, but until then back to the CAGE ( the beach has become that ...)

Advertisement



11th February 2007

Hey~
It's sunday morning here! I am imagining traveling like you. Things are going the same here... I'm ok as usual. ^^ Take care of you!
13th February 2007

What a Place to Be Trapped!
It is so much fun to hear your stories and learn about your experiences. It's like living it a little right along with you. We are all good. Take care of each other. Love, Hugs and Kisses Mom

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb