HERE


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Varkala
February 4th 2007
Published: February 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

OK so after 26 hours worth of flights and layovers, at one point leaving hong kong and watching the screen on the plane showing us crossing over the heart of india, thinking why...why not just land this sucker and let us get out....but no no, they continued on to Qatar, the middle of the middle east, desert everywhere and the Oasis....A &W. Hilarious havent seen one A & W outside canada, but there it was.
It is funny how the planes started to get smellier and smellier as we got nearer and nearer to India........
Overall impressions thus far:

Weather- great

People- friendly, but unreal smelly, imagine if you will 5 month old curry sitting outside. then mix that with 35 degree heat and a clove of garlic, and a pinch of BO, and those were the people beside us on the train.

Food- delicious, not complaints or things to talk about ( or things to never mention) so far

Accent- love the accent, i have a hard time not trying to copy everything they say in a mocking voice, it is that funny, and hard to understand, but super.

Taxi's- 1971 cars, looking like the old 30's cars, Al capone cars, rounded hoods, door handle falling off, the inside roof designed to look like a cushion from a couch.

Lastly- Love being able to say INDIAN and not have the politically correct society beating down my neck, it is very fun to say, it is a shame canadians have such a negative view on the word, Indian... great word.....

Beer- Illegal in this area, so they over charge you and ask you to pour your glass then put the bottle under that table, but nice tasting.

Ok we have to go, something to do, either beach , or Yoga, or massage, not sure, in which order.
Cheers


Advertisement



8th February 2007

God, it must be nice guys
Hey Hollywood and April: I'm glad that your having a good time, sounds like it's an experience of a life time, and that's just the smell. Enjoy the beaches, the massages, and all the other little things that are coming your way. Remember Canada's cold, someplace other than Vancouver..........Ye Haw, the golfing's great, so's the diving.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb