Varkala


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Varkala
January 31st 2007
Published: February 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Varkala BeachVarkala BeachVarkala Beach

Very nice beach right by where we're staying.
Samirs article. We are at the beach, finnaly, which is just like the postcards. We came from Cochin on a 4 hour train ride but we had no clue when to get off, so we basically jumped off while the train was moving. We have a hotel in a place called Bamboo Haven which is really nice and right by the beach. The beach is like Ambleside, except the waves are bigger, stronger and more often. And the beach is nicer. We are eating out every night now, so I'd kill for something homemade. Other than that, everything is perfect, and there is lots of wildlife like dolphins, falcons, geckos and chubby dogs who eat the leftovers at the restraunts. Luckily, there are no roaches. We are going on a boathouse cruise through the backwaters tomorrow, so I will write then.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Bamboo HavenBamboo Haven
Bamboo Haven

A picture of Bamboo Haven from the porch of our hotel.
White sand on the beachWhite sand on the beach
White sand on the beach

Another Varkala beach picture.


4th February 2007

Bamboo Heaven
Hi Samir, I think the place should be called Heaven. It looks gorgeous. Now your other descriptions of the cockroaches.............that I don't know about. Hopefully you won't meet up with the flying kind in Japan. The train ride sounds really adventurous. I'm sure your dad will scope out the train schedule much more carefully from now on!! But, why worry, right?? Anyway, keep up the writing. I had a great time reading and looking at all the pics. Aunt Nancy
4th February 2007

Pretty
Hi Samir, its aunt ranj, your bamboo haven looks very nice and CLEAN! and i like the beach scene. I am glad to hear that there are some fat dogs in India, my two dogs are way too fat and i have now put them on a diet, especially Bailey. They have not gone missing since you left and have not caught any rabbits. We took Macy with us when we went to Saltspring last monday and left Bailey at home by himself for 12 hours, needless to say he ate the outside blanket, he gets anxiety attacks I think. Keep writing.
5th February 2007

Looks Great
Hi Samir - We would love to be on the beach with you - I am not sure about jumping off a train but the rest sounds fun. I can't wait to read your next entry. I am at a friends for dinner and to watch the superbowl game and I am showing her your blog. Have fun and we will email you soon.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb