Still in Varkala


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Varkala
December 4th 2006
Published: December 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So we are still in Varkala at Kerela Bamboo House huts. Been spending most days on the beach and the evenings in Funky Bar as that is the only place that stays open until last person leaves. Last night we was a late one again as we got back at 5 am after 6 cocktails and two Kingfishers. Felt quite rough this morning. Emelie did not even make it down to the beach. This place is also the best place to meet people. Met som Aussies last night that may share a boat with us on the backwaters before we head up to Goa. We will be leaving Varkal on the 7th taking the train up to Allepey for the houseboats on the backwaters. Not looking forward to pack my backpack again as I have bought so many clothes and shoes again so not sure I will be able to close it unless I throw out all my crappy t-shirts.

I had another 90 mins Ayervedic massage again yesterday and will have one more before I leave. It is so rejuvenating and relaxing. Women receive the massage from a female as you have to remove all your clothings and then a string is tied around your belly at which a piece of cloth is attached to. You almost look like a sumo wrestler - well I would if I was fat. Then you are covered in ayervedic oil starting with the top of your head and you receive a headmassage and followed by the whole front and then back and lastly the face. You are absolutely covered in Ayervedic oil from top to toe when it is finished. It is sooo relaxing.

Funny how you bump into the same people continuously as you travel. Bumped into an English guy Sean who joined us for dinner last night. He was on the same flight as us from Delhi to Trivandrum. He did however stay in Trivandrum for a night. Said that it was nothing much to see there and after having woken up the first morning finding a rat at the end of his bed decided to head for Varkala as well.

Finally managed to download the photos on a disc so shall try to upload some today. Providing it does not take to long to download. Otherwise it may just be a couple and have to add some more at a later stage.

Oh well, better get going with uploading the photos. Ciao for now. You need to click on gallery to see the photos I have just added.

Advertisement



6th December 2006

Still in Varkala
Hi Guys - god a few days on the beach would be good. I'm soooo jealous. Here it's still all gales and heavy rain. We have been lucky to have a few more leaks..hahahhahaha, but now all seems under control. Look after youselves and take it easy!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb