Finally in Kerela


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Varkala
November 30th 2006
Published: November 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Flew in to Trivandrum on the 28th of Nov. Quaint little airport just next to the sea and the beach. From there we got a cab to Varkala where we are staying at the moment. Cab journey in itself was an adventure. Never been so scared in my whole life as he was overtaking lorries in cornes with meeting cars so we were 3 cars side by side as once he had started to overtake he failed to accelerate to overtake the lorry. He seemed to expect the lorry to slow down rather than him speeding up. I could feel my right foot hitting the floor in the car everytime he was about to overtake. Thank god we got here safe.

We are staying at a place on a cliff with the beach 5 mins below. It really feels like paradise. We have spent the last two days on the beach and the evenings in a quite cool bar at the cliff drinking cocktails for 1 Pound. So Kingfisher has temporarily been replaced by Mojitos and Pina Coladas....yumyum.

Ahhhh, feels like I could stay here for a year. The place we are staying at has biggish bungalows with own toilet and shower. It is really cheap at 700 Rs between us per night which is nothing. About 5 Pounds. What a bargain!!! All the places here are also doing ayervedic massage and yoga classes as well as cookery classes etc. I had a 90 mins massage this morning. It was wonderful. Will do another one before we depart on the 7th of December. Then we will head for the backwaters.

Well, we are just off to some dinner and some more cocktails. So until the next time. Bye bye from sunny Kerela.

Advertisement



30th November 2006

wow
Hi honey, I'm soooo jealous. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Here in London it's getting colder and gloomier. Wish I was at a beach too. Anyway, keep these coming, it's great to hear about your trip. Well, keep safe, enjoy and have a wonderful rest of the trip. Hugs, Kati

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb