An amourous french man....


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kovalam
October 21st 2008
Published: October 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

A lazy day today - a stroll in the morning to see if Kovallam could redeem itself! We headed off in search of a quiet beach we had heard about but must have taken a wrong turn ending up in a little village where everyone seemed to stare at us - no hello's and the children got qute an attitude when we didnt hand over the requested pen or rupees...I thnk they have become so used to tourists handing out pens and sweets that its an expectation now - we had beach stuff with us and nothing else but attempts to explain just made the little people follow us in a little gang continually asking like we would suddenly managing to magic someting up!!! They eventually got bored and wandered off muttering something....

We headed back to the main beach in the end - earlier in the day we had watched the fisher men hauling in their nets off the shore - the singing, chantng and sheer enthusiasm with which they performed the task was inspiring - clearly a good sing along gets people's spirits up as well as bringing good luck to the catch.

We found a nice restaurant for dnner and ate well. Towards the end of our meal we got chatting to a french guy and his Indian 'guide'. The guys english wasnt good but between us we had a good chat, however it soon became apparent that he liked Pete rather a lot and kept offering to buy brandy and pay the bill. He kept wanting to shake pete's hand and touch him! He practically dved into my chair when i got up to go to the loo... He wanted to know where we stayed and where we were going tomorrow. by this time Pete ducked the questions but promised to send a postcard. He wrote his address down with a comment 'I Love you' (for Pete i think). I thought the whole thing was rather entertaining as Pete managed to escape unscathed although i noticed him turning around a few times on the way home just to make sure....I keep imagining him turning up in our next destination!!!!

Advertisement



29th October 2008

Were the fish big?
Hi Aunty Ol I was wondering if India would be a good place for me and Taid to catch some fish?
3rd November 2008

Big Fish
Hi Al I think it would be a good place to go fishing and catch big fish - but the boats are very small / the waves are very big and I'm not sure Taid would be happy in them!! Pete's been fishing off the beach with Gobi who looks after the guest house we are staying in - they caught one fish which we gave to an old man for his tea! Love aunty Ol x

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb