Kerala we hardly knew ya


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kollam
March 10th 2007
Published: March 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are now Kollam in the state of Kerala. We came into Kochi, our first stop in Kerala on the 7th and boy was it hard to adjust to the heat again. We managed to get in the sites and a couple ferry rides across the harbour (the ferry featured a slight breeze woohoo). We even fit in a performance of Kathakali dance. The make-up for the performers took over an hour to apply very visual performance. The next day we headed off to Alappuzha by train.. we messed up some how and ended up in Kottayam.. which was not a problem but more of an opportunity. We were able to enjoy a ferry form Kottayam to Alappuzha (3 hours) introduced us to the backwaters of Kerala, very beautiful area and like no where I have ever seen before. Saw very little of Alappuzha, since we wanted to head of to the “Hugging Saints” ashram which is only a 1 and half hour bus ride away. The spiritual retreat was a very nice place to visit, way different then anything I have experienced. The guru (I’m not sure if that is the right term) of the ashram has really done some great thing for India and the world (build all kinds of schools and hospitals).
Now we are in Kollam and we are about to start our journey to head back to Thailand. So I seem like we did not have enough time in the state of Kerala, but hey what can you do.
Cheers John


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb