Day 5 - flight 2 - South to Kochi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
September 18th 2008
Published: September 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got up around 9am, packed up last few bits and had breakfast before checking out and getting a taxi to the airport. Worryingly they didn't ask to see my passport at the checkin or security. As we were traveling together it seemed that one was enough so they just checked Sarah's. Not that they would have known that I was the other named person on the ticket.

Sat around for a while as flight was delayed but finally boarded 15m after the plane was due to leave - got a bus from the door to the place which was about 100 yards and could easily have walked. Sat on the plane for a further hour before finally taking off. I guess it's not just trains.

Arrived safely and got a taxi to the Grand Hotel. Very nice hotel! Did not have any standard rooms available which is what we had booked, so got a free upgrade to deluxe - v.nice. Sadly tomorrow we move to a standard for the first two nights of the tour.

Had a delicious meal in hotel restaurant, emailed home from internet cafe behind the hotel then had a drink in the very nice sleek modern bar before coming back to the room for the night. Tried to eavesdrop on a few people to see where they were from and speculate whether or not they will be on the trip. Think an older Australian couple might be, as saw in the book there were two Australians (and maybe some females that were in the bar).

General thoughts for today




Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb