Fort Cochin (Fort nothing there more like!)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
March 23rd 2008
Published: March 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello again

Up next Fort Cochin,

Hmmmmmm well after a 11 hour Bus from Mysore to Kochi we could finally breath a sigh of relief as we got here, things immediately seemed alot more laid back and the scenery was lovely.

We managed to find a nice little guest house, after freshening up we set off to explore a little and to see what this place had to offer!!

NOT A LOT !! other than tourists, some fishing nets, and overpriced restaurants! still we wondered and slipped down a gear and got into the ambience of this place. it doesn't seem Indian at all here so we immediantly planned our next move.

One tip before I forget about India for other travellers..... The less you pay in a restaurant the better tasting food you get. We came to Kochi to hopefully get hold of some nice sea food but it was sh*t everywhere!! one example Nic ordered Tiger Prawns after seeing some massive meaty examples and when it was serve there were these mincy little King Prawns, don't worry she gave them a piece of her mind after holding back the tears of dissappointment and got the dish for half price!!!!!!

Second day we got invited onto on of these Japanese Fishing nets to take a few pics of the Sunset (we have a thing for sunsets). I shook hands with one of the fisherman and from the feel of his hand you could tell that this was not a man that grafted hard for a living, this was a man who grafted to ensure the survival of his family, his palm was solid as a rock and more scaly than a fish!!!!!!

(Nic) Found the sparkliest shop in the world - spent hours in there (which I'm sure Dan really enjoyed - sorry babe!) 3 floors of jewellery, one for necklaces and earings, one for bangles and one for accessories...I was in heaven!!

Nothing else to really report home about,

Next blog comes from Allappey, in the Backwaters our best stop yet !!!

Peace




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Special Beer TeaSpecial Beer Tea
Special Beer Tea

This restaurant does not have a license !!


2nd May 2008

food
ah man i dunna if i could take that food man but boy thats the least of ur worrys!! nic u look like an indian now 4 real!!! bangle heaven hahaha!!! ah man this is great!!!! power 2 dan n nic!!!

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0234s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb