Kannur, Kerala with Drive-in beach and ecospots in India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kannur
June 27th 2021
Published: June 27th 2021
Edit Blog Post

St. Angelo Fort, KannurSt. Angelo Fort, KannurSt. Angelo Fort, Kannur

A grand lively fort

Kannur is the must-see place in Kerala that is taglined as "God's Own Country".


Kannur is also known as Cannanore, which is located in the Malabar coast- northern side of Kerala State.

The name Kannur is also known as ‘The Land of Looms and Lores’, since it is famous for its handlooms and one among the strong exporters of handlooms in India. Kannur is rich in it's variety of festivals. Kannur is well connected by airways, roadways, railways and seaways for the export and import of trades.


The places which I have visited are:



Muzhappilangad Drive-in Beach is located at the Malabar coast and is also known as Edakkad. This beach is the The only Drive-in Beach in India and longest Drive-In beach in Asia. It's 5.5 km long. It's one of the unique beach where driving is allowed and is well taken care by the tourism boards, security guards.

Payyambalam beach is a famous beach and a must see tourist place, there are parks for children and fun activities for all.

Baby beach is nearby to Payyambalam beach, here you get a roadside view of the sea.

Kavvayi island, here we have witnessed the beauty of nature, it is one of the
Drive-in Beach, KannurDrive-in Beach, KannurDrive-in Beach, Kannur

Thrilling attraction
backwaters and you have to check the availability of boat services before visiting this place.

St. Angelo Fort located at Burnacherry which was built in 14th century by the Portuguese Viceroy of India - Dom Francisco de Almeida. It is a grandeur fort which is very lively till date, located at the Arabian sea. It is well preserved by the Archaeological Society of India.


In addition are national parks, temples, churches, mosques, museums & forts in Kannur, which you will definitely love to visit.

You can enjoy seafood and Malabar cuisine here.

Feel free to share your comments and queries.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Babby Beach, KannurBabby Beach, Kannur
Babby Beach, Kannur

Roadside view


Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb