Alleppey


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Alleppey
January 22nd 2010
Published: January 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

An 8 hour ferry ride from Kollam to Alleppey was the most relaxing day we have had. The sun was shinning and a nice cool breeze followed us all the way. There was nothing else to do but kick back with a good book and watch life in the backwaters go by.

Alleppey was a sleepy, laid back town which was very refreshing considering where we were staying in Kollam. Our accommodation in Alleppey was the pick of the bunch, only four rooms, set far away from the road, with a great patio and fan where we spent most of the day chatting to our neighbours on their way to live in NZ. Alleppey had a lovely golden beach but the sea was rough and we decided not to brave the strong current. Instead we found Kerala’s finest restaurant opposite the beach and completely blew our budget on a bottle of Indian white wine. It was not the greatest but the setting was lovely. Another canoe tour - this time just the two of us in a covered canoe. Life does not get much better than this. No canoe trip would be complete without the obligatory chai stop at the backwater village before heading back to town. On our way back we saw our first water snake (about 2m long) swimming along with his head out of the water. We did not hang around for long!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 26; qc: 101; dbt: 0.1025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb