Staying in Mysore


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Mysore
January 22nd 2010
Published: January 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Visiting a tourist place for a few days or a few weeks is quite different than staying at the place for an year and 1/2. Yes, I was in mysore for 1 and 1/2 year for my first job. Thanks to infosys, I've spend most amazing 1 and 1/2 yr of my life in mysore. I still remember the first time I visited the famous mysore palace. That historical palace, itself says a story, the furniture, the clothes, jewellery of that era, everything was so grand and royal. I so wished to be a princess in that era... 😞 That royal throne.. not just the first time, everytime I visited the palace, It was amazing. Specially looking at it from outside on sunday evenings, when whole palace is decorated with lightings or during dussera times, the flower decoration, the lighting, everything just leaves you mesmerized. And yes the famous dussera parade, which starts with a vintage car rally and followed by various scenes from folk stories etc, was an experience to preserve except for it was very hot to sit in those pandals arranged to sit.

Mysore is the place to live if you have a nice group of friends, and I was blessed with such many groups of friends to hangout with. The best trips in mysore till date are the midnight trips to chamundi hills, all of us on bikes will stop near the famous viewpoint, from where whole mysore city can be seen. Scene is beautiful. We used to sit there for hours, gossiping, singing, dancing, doing all kind of mischieves.
If you visit the temple at the top of the hill, there are some small vendors, who sell amazing mirchi bhajji, and aloo bondas. We used to buy like 1/2 kg or a kg of mirchi bhajji and aloo bonda and sit at the nearest tea stall, and have numerous cups of teas and coffees with them.

Other outings involved exploring the outskirts of the city on bike with a friend. I got to see some amazing scenes on such trips, small hills, awesome sunsets, and apart from that some real nice food joints. Now that even my favorite icecream joint, "Corner house" is also there. Don't forget to try their "Death by chocolate", if you are in mysore. Heavenly experience.

There is a secret lake also, which is worth a visit, though most of the time, you will just see couples hanging out there, that's why it is called secret lake.. 😉

Mysore is a place, rich with temples and places of historical background, and scenic beauty, there are various resorts based on kaveri river side.. which offer you an amazing view with various water related activities like fishing and all...

Will continue the rest in the next blog...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb