palaces and parks


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Mysore
February 28th 2008
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Stayed in abit of a grot box room again but was cheap 200 rupees so not complaining, spent the day walking rounds the city, went on a pony and cart to the palace and went in to marvell the paintings that covered the inside palace walls. On the way out there were some elephants and their mahoots, i was busy watching them and jade went outside, the only way out was either to walk right to the other end of the pallace or do it indian stylee and climb over the iron gates ignoring the guards protests, i nearly gorotted myself when my bag got stuck over the top of the iron rungs whilst i jumped down.

We visited the local fruit and vege market, i loved all the spices and also the bright colours of all the powder paints stacked up. This place is famous for its oils and sandlewood especially.

That night we went to some gardens to see the fountains light up, it was quite nice and even better we found a hotel looking over the park where we could buy a beer.....incase your wondering why i think buying beer is a novelty is because it is, they dont really drink beer here, it not the culture so finding soewhere that sells beer outside of goa is sometime impossible or involves trailing the streets for a seedy bar full of winos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb