mangalore


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Mangalore
February 15th 2012
Published: February 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

with some trepidation about landing on the hilltop in mangalore where sometime ago an air india flight had crashed, we arrived at mangalore airport, a newly built airport, collected our luggage and proceeded towards taj gateway. they offered us a choice of rooms and we were upgraded to a club room with a view of the arabian sea. we explored the hotel and discussed a day trip with travel desk. We arrived at the coffee shop and i chose a mangalore thali with the fish and chicken, my husband ordered a nasi goreng and after a little rest we left for sun and sand resort which was right on the beach. entry to the resort also came with snacks and we spent some time at the coffee shop overlooking the beach and viewed some of the rooms and then got into the water. there was a dog swimming in the sea and i must say he was such a powerful swimmer. we then left for someswara beach which was a rocky beach. we saw this beautiful sunset and returned to the hotel after a detour to see the docks.

Dinner was at the indian restaurant and we turned in early since the next morning we were leaving for puttur to attend a wedding. we arrived in puttur and started breakfast of idli and dosa and coffee. after the muhurtam and wedding we proceeded for lunch and the food was excellent. i specially enjoyed the sweet dosa and payesam and we met the bride and groom one last time and left for mangalore. On the way back we stopped at my husbands parents house when at some point of time they used to live in mangalore.

back to the hotel we packed and left our bags at the reception and sat in the coffee shop having club sandwiches and a beer. the food was very good in the hotel. i was happy to find a gateway hotel coming up in kolkata. i also picked up a fridge magnet from the hotel shop and we left for the airport. from the airport we could see the mangalore refinery and took some photographs of it. at the airport i managed to find the hotel keys in my bag and called them and left them with the jet airways counter. a short and sweet trip to mangalore ended with biryani.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb