Ruined in Hampi


Advertisement
Asia » India » Karnataka » Hampi
December 25th 2015
Published: January 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

How lucky we were that we got train tickets to go to Hampi before christmas. This was nearly impossible and I still have to thank this wonderful and patient travel agent in Agonda who booked us the tickets 2 weeks in advance. As it was a day train and only a 7,5 hours trip from Madgaon to Hampi, we did not care about a general class ticket. The journey was great and the landscape especially in the... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




13th January 2016

Budget frustrations
We often avoid traveling in high season for all the reasons your blog just described. The crowds of people, the lack of accommodation,the inability to be spontaneous and the increased cost can put a dent in the budget. I'm certainly glad you didn't have to sleep in a restaurant. Very cool that you got to see a wedding ceremony.
13th January 2016

sleeping in a restaurant
Oh yes, as these are indian restaurants, you probably share the bed with coackroaches, rats etc.. we were lucky. We met a poor japanese single traveller who really had no other possibility.
14th January 2016
typical tourist shop in Hampi

nice experience
finally you enjoined the trip know. That is great. Write about your Bijapur visit.
14th January 2016
Hampi impressions

It can only get better, I hope!
When it's high season, I generally head for the least popular places. How lucky that your agent was able to get you a ticket and three days in Hampi--I had no idea that India had such a high season, but I guess there are a lot of Indians who could fill up a place. So trippy the elephant stables--I never considered their existence. Glad you got to spend just the right amount of time there, and hopefully, in your next, little-heard-of place, it will be more tranquil.
15th January 2016
Hampi impressions

high season in India
we did not expect this kind of high season in india neither. We expected in in Goa over christmas - that is why we left Goa. But we did not expect that a hindu country has christmas holidays.......
17th December 2019

Not just you..
Its definitely not just you, I am currently in Hampi and can't wait to leave.. The annoying music from across the river woke me up at 4 a.m., and won't quit all day.. Not relaxing.. The city is quite shit, with trash everywhere and people shitting in the streets.. Along with packs of dogs barking through the night, this place is anywhere but peaceful.. I will be moving on..

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb