Hampi :)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Hampi
February 15th 2011
Published: February 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Happy valentines day for yesterday all you lovely people who bother to read my blog!
So much has been going on its hard to write. We arrived in Hampi about ten or eleven days ago on the night train, and since then it's just been sight after amazing sight. I have been blessed by a sacred elephant, robbed by a gutsy monkey, had my hand henaed and so much more. the landscape here is stunning and bizare: mountains of volcanic rock piled and balanced all over the place as far as the eye can see, in strange contraste with the super flat, bright green rice paddy's that grow all over the place and the river running through it all. We have had some beautifull sunsets from high up creveses and hindu temples perched on top of the stones. I had red powder painted on my head and was given a hand full of sugar at the hanuman temple, which is the highest point in Hampi. To get up there u have to climb about a hundred thousand stairs, i joke its only about five hundred and seventy or something. quite a climb though! While we were up there a monkey ate bananas right out of savi and frankies hands. Pretty awesome!
We hired motorbikes and discoverd an inormus resauvoar out of town, we spent a few days there swimming and jumping of the rocks in to the deep cool water.We met a family there who are on a sponserd trip from barcelona to sydney in a camper van! They had a kiyak and i had a go in it. Yes people i, kaiya bartholomew have been in a kiyak, in a massive lake, my life in my own hands you might say! Well, i wouldn't have drowned, i'm pretty sure, i mean chris and anna were just on the bank watching me, but still!! It was while we were at the lake that the gutsy monkey came in to the story actually.It was hiarious! He came running into the picture and grappled a banana right from anna's hands and scamperd away again. savi started crying, i started laughing and the monkey was just getting started! He kept on coming back. He stole the grapes basicaly from under anna;s bum, where they were hidden under some lungis. savi was screeming and i was laughing my head off the entire time. he was completely fearless!
we leave here to day and head for gokarna, back to the beach.It's meant to be great for family's there and we are going to look for a house.
life is lush and i am so lucky.
smiles and hugs to all, thanx for reading xx kaiya

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb