Happy Hampi "Yeah right" No Beer but Temples!!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Hampi
November 21st 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the long absense but we have been chilled to the bone in GOA!!! But have finally decided to get off are ases for week and visit hampi-bangalore-kerala during this next week. We left margoa and the confort of goa for a 7 hour train journey to hampi. The train journey was extremely peaceful and enjoyable with plenty to sea. We did not know what to expect about hampi but we soon realised as soon as we arrived, rickshaw drivers were nearly pulling us out of the train. The train didnt actually go to hampi but hospet about 30 minutes away from hampi by rickshaw. Hospet was not a nice place at all covered in rubbish and had the vibe of little mumbai. We arrived in hampi and found a nice little guest house with rooftop restraunt overlooking a temple with monkey running around, its a hard life. We looked around hamp after spending a night, one of the most serreal place with amazing rocky landscaped with temple covering them. We went around the local areas for about 2 hours seeing more temple after this we were templed out, after a while they all look the same. Then for lunch we went for a boat trip over the other side of the river from hampi. We found a really nice bar called the laughing buddah were we had an illegal beer for 100 ruppees so only had one but aaaaaahhhh it was good!!! We leave tomorrow for bangalore looking to watch india versus england at cricket. Hampi overall was good to see but to much hassle from seller and drivers, but nice place to come to see the scenery. Hopefully will update travel blog in bangalore if not wait till january when we will update goa and kerala. As we will have spent 3 months living in goa!!!!!

Lots of love ads and phil

Advertisement



22nd November 2008

at last
Good to see you have eventually moved off the beach and are alcohol free for a while! Have a good time . Don,t forget to e-mail your number.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb