Goodbye Sunshine... Hello Snow


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Gokarna
January 21st 2009
Published: January 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello to those who are new to the list. You may like to read the previous blogs to see whats been going on since the start.

We are at the very end of our trip. So much has happened and we have had lots of time to put perspective on a lot of "stuff". So it is with some kind of renewed energy and strength that we will drag ourselves kicking and screaming back to a very uncertain reality.

It is a bit like leaving one warm, balmy, cheap, suspended reality and rejoining a much colder and economically challenged one. But that we must do.

The beach here at Kudle in Gokarna is a mixed place. Once the dogs calm down and the cows retire to the shade for a bit longer each day, the beach and the sea are just lovely. The shallow lapping waves are not half as stong as in Varkala, meaning lying supported by the sailine is much more enjoyable.

We went to Gokarna town yesterday and were really disgusted with the dirt and filth and general human / animal detritus of this Temple town. Along with the ever present raft of every sort of Hippy, the shops all sell the same items. So if you see a bracelet or post card in the first shop, it will be repeated one hunderd times more before you go halfway through the town.

That was a bit of a dissapointment, but that is what India is all about. On one hand you can have the stinking dump of a place and when you look either left or right, something visually or aurally wondefull will take its place. And so it goes on.

Unlike me. I'm going to stop now, in a minute.

We met a lovely Swedish family Mum, Dad, Baby, Granda and Ma. They are staying here for two months before heading to Thailand for a few months and after that they return to Sweden for Summer.

Nice - now imagine it with a seven month old.

The Mum, Fabiaola, is a hairdersser in Stockholm, and has agreed to tackle my completely out of shape hair at five this evening. Can't wait, can't wait.

So back to reality, oops, there goes reality - thanks Eminem.

xx
W
Ps: We had really nice peanut soup in Elaine's house before we left Dublin.
I haven't tasted anything as good as it here and hope there's some in the pot next time we visit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb