Honey Valley Estate


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Coorg
March 10th 2009
Published: May 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Celebratory DrinkCelebratory DrinkCelebratory Drink

We had to cheers eachother for having found such an amazing place.
What a fabulous little Garden of Eden that we found ourselves in. Oh boy.
We surely enjoyed our time spent at the Honey Valley Estate.
Not the easiest place to get to, but definately not the hardest either. Just a few bus transfers, a bit of waiting around in random small towns and then finally waiting at the junction at the bottom of the hill for the Honey Vally jeep to pick us up.
Once we got there we knew that it was all most definately worth it.
The owners, husband and wife team, are the most welcoming hosts you could imagine and made us feel very comfortable very quickly.
The surrounding area is covered in coffee plantations soread out over large, green, rolling hills. The amount of greenery in the area is completely astounding coming from anywhere else in India. We were very pleased, as were our little eyeballs. It was a bit cooler there as well, since it was a bit above sea levell. We enjoyed having to put on a sweatshirt at night and jeans. And we even saw rain a few times and that was quite pleasant as well.
We stayed for about five or six days.
Small ViewSmall ViewSmall View

Of one of the cabins for rent and the amazing flora surrounding it.
We spent the days wandering around taking small hikes in the hills, reading alot and just chatting amongst ourselves.
I do remember handwashing a heck of alot of laundry too (it sure adds up quickly).
It was a most wonderful pause from the trip. We really took the time to stop and breathe some fresh air, see some great plants and birds, eat some delicious food that was grown on the plantation and get some GOOD sleep. It was very peaceful there and thankfully no bugs of any sort in our room!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Doggy dogDoggy dog
Doggy dog

Cant have a great coffee plantation without having a smiling dog to watch over the place.
Short strollShort stroll
Short stroll

The area was loaded with great walks and hikes to check out the nearby hills and estates.
Walking, walkingWalking, walking
Walking, walking

He is very good at it.
Funky pathFunky path
Funky path

We chose it.
Smiling guySmiling guy
Smiling guy

He is always there.
LedeeeesLedeeees
Ledeeees

Just for a bit of fun.
WHOA there, jasmineWHOA there, jasmine
WHOA there, jasmine

Would you like some bread with your tomato!?
Oh so much funOh so much fun
Oh so much fun

Thanks, again, for the lens baby, jassiepoo.
Yum yumYum yum
Yum yum

Yet another garbage eating cow, behind our bathroom.
Yes, I know, it doesn't look appetizingYes, I know, it doesn't look appetizing
Yes, I know, it doesn't look appetizing

But it was so damn tasty. The food at the estate certainly was delicious.
PUPPIES!PUPPIES!
PUPPIES!

Hee hee hee...there just so happened to be a bunch of puppies living on the plantation, to brighten up our already bright days.
PausePause
Pause

Waiting for the rain to stop so that we could go for a wander.
Stop to smell theStop to smell the
Stop to smell the

well, i dont really know the name of the flowers. but they were beautiful anyhow. and smelt good.
a bit of crazinessa bit of craziness
a bit of craziness

it happened amongst the coffee plants.
Our roomsOur rooms
Our rooms

side by side
You've got a certain look on your faceYou've got a certain look on your face
You've got a certain look on your face

Maybe saying 'get me off this bus already!'


22nd May 2009

That's awesome
We had such an awesome time in the Coorg Valley... I'd go back for more hiking there for sure! And more home cooked meals!
26th August 2009

Great read...
Found your blog while doing some research into a return trip to Pulau Weh - and got hooked and have been spending way too many late nights reading your blog. Sounds like you guys are having a great time! I especially enjoyed your entries on Indonesia - I spent three months back in 1996 traveling from Sumatra all the way across to West Timor visiting many of the same places in Indo as you guys did, so it's great to read your experiences there and read about how things have changed (or not, in many cases) in Indo. BTW, it looks like the blog came to an abrupt end with this entry? Did you pick it up elsewhere, or just decided that it was more fun to experience than to document? A long-ago traveling companion of mine refused to write a journal, calling it 'Homework', a pretty apt name if you ask me - although your 'homework' means those of us stuck at our desks get to travel vicariously. :)
21st October 2009

oops
Hello there, Ya, sorry about that. I seem to do that on every trip. The blogs go great for the first little while, then when we realize that we are running out of time, wherever we are, I just seem to focus more on the travelling. No, we made it back to Canada safe and sound. We only spent another month in India after the Honey Valley Estate. I am flattered that you like our blog and appreciate that SOMEONE out there is reading them! We will be leaving next week for another 6 month adventure. So, hopefully we will be diligent again at the start of the trip with writing the blogs. So, keep reading, more coming soon. Thanks for your message!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb