Undiscovered Places in Bangalore That You Should Visit At least Once


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
April 7th 2024
Published: April 7th 2024
Edit Blog Post

Thinking about discovering Bangalore's true colours and the rich culture and craft that prospers in every nook and corner. We might be of service to you in that pursuit as we have crafted a list of some of the unseen and undiscovered places that you can visit while in Bangalore. Bangalore's folklore and rich cultural heritage has prospered over the years, and a visitor with a keen eye for passion and culture would be able to witness the various shades of history, development and indigenous trends within every by-lane of the city. Although the trip might be a bit extensive due to its diverse excursions but Car Rentals In Bangalore would be able to help us in travelling as per your choice.



We have articulated this list for people who want to tread away from the normal. Tourists or locals who want to experience the places that seem obscured from the eyes of the tourist guides and travellers in general. So pack your essentials and get ready for a trip of a lifetime.



Indian Cartoon Gallery



This is the first on our list for the primary reason that it is the only cartoon Gallery in the entire nation. Founded in 2001 by the Indian Institute of Cartoonists, this place is a haven for anyone who has grown up watching cartoons. You do not have to buy any kind of ticket while visiting the gallery normally, but during special exhibitions and presentations, you might have to buy tickets and passes to enter.



With cartoons being an inseparable part of the childhood of every Gen Z kid, it's only evident that they would find this place interesting. The gallery is open every day except for Sundays between the time periods of 6 pm and 10 pm. While there is a metro station near the gallery, if you want to cover a few places in a single day we would advise you to Rent Self Drive Cars in Bangalore and drive around as per your plans.



Kempegowda Museum



A complete museum dedicated to the city's founder, Kempegowda. An important part of the Mayo Hall on Mahatma Gandhi Road has a dedicated wing and museum to showcase and exhibit Bangalore's true journey through different time passages. The museum ranks among the top six museums throughout the nation, and hence, it deserves a visit at least once.

The museum is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day, and there are no entrance fees. The closest Metro Station to the museum is MG Road metro station.



Sri Panchalinga Nageshwara Temple



This is a place that truly reflects the true history of the city; here, you can witness the relics of a city that once collectively stood for what was right. The temple has an age-old inscription about 1900 years old, which refers to the earliest name Bangalore. While the temple itself is dedicated to Lord Shiva you can enter and witness the age-old inscription that has been kept within glass shrouds secure from the prying hands of the people.

There are no metro stations near the temple and so you would have to rely upon taxis or cabs to take you there. Or you can rent Self-driving vehicles in Bangalore and drive around as per your choice and plan an elaborate trip around different places. This option would help you be more free and travel per your own choice.



The Watch Towers



These destinations would truly tickle the interest of history fanatics as the profound importance of these towers has not been spoken about or written about that much. Bangalore city's founder, Kempegowda, situated these towers as a mark of the boundary of the town. These towers are now located in different parts of the modern city, such as Ulsoor, Mekhri Circle, Botanical Garden and Gavipuram. While for the regular travellers, these places might seem redundant, but for those who seek to explore and go beyond the normal these are the places that showcase the true history of Bangalore.



As said above, the towers are in different parts of the city, so you would need a vehicle to cover them all at once. If you are not privy to a personal vehicle, you can rent a self-drive vehicle and use it to travel around the different places. A photograph of you trailing to the different watch towers would surely bring loads of likes and comments every time you post it.



Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace



As the name suggests, the palace -used to become the humble adobe of Tipu Sultan in the older periods during the summer season. This place is a must-visit for those interested in archaeology as it showcases a fusion of various styles of architecture with a foundation built on the principles of Indo-Islamic architectural style.

The place is open for visitors every day between 8:30 to 5:30 and you can enter after buying a ticket of 20 Rs. You can use the metro to commute to the place and get down at the closest station, Krishna Rajendra Market Metro.





We understand that all these places are in different locations, and for a tourist or even for a local, it would be hard to cover them all in one day. One of the best solutions through which you can easily plan to visit them all in one day would be to rent a Self Drive Vehicle and who can help with Self Drive Vehicles in Bangalore better than RenTrip? RenTrip has been a go-to brand for self-drive vehicle Rentals in Bangalore, and hence, it can solve all your travelling issues with ease without any significant hassles or challenges

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb