Agara Hanuman Temple, Bangalore


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore » Koramangala
March 24th 2012
Published: March 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Agara is in the south east side of Bangalore city. There is a rarely visited lake in Agara known as Agara lake. Agara area has been very well developed during recent years. There are quite a few temples in Agara, two of them are notable, one, the Jagannath Temple and the other Hanuman temple. Both of them are build during recent years. The temple is actually small but the statue is extremely large. The 102 feet Gigantic statue of Lord hanuman is standing on a lotus pedestal.

The statue is on the road side and visible from quite a distance. Although the temple opens in the morning and evening, there is no timing for seeing the statue as it is always visible from any side. The statue is east facing, so if you go in the morning the face of the statue will be lighted. In the afternoon the backside of the statue will be lighted.



The temple is popular among the local residents from Agara, Madivala and HSR layout area, and is visited by hundreds of visitors every day. But many more just have darshan from the road pay their homage while passing by the road. There are also idols of Naga Devata under the peepal tree.

There is one beautiful temple in front of the Hanuman statue – known as “Sita Rama Bhakta Hanumanta Temple” (picture below).

There is also another temple - Anjaneya Temple - behind the statue (picture below). The backside of the Gigantic Hanuman statue is visible from this place.



Don't forget to visit the Jagannath temple when you are going towards that side. The Jagannath temple is located next to the Hanuman temple, on the other side of the road, prominently visible from each other. The Jagannath temple is built recently and is quite popular in that area.

You can read this article on freejournal at http://freejournal.heliohost.org/freejournal/?/articles/2012/03/24/agara-hanuman-temple-bangalore.html

Advertisement



13th August 2012

Beautiful Idol - Attraction of the city
Last year my cousin brother was coming on that way, he passed this Hanuman temple and reached the HSR layout petrol bunk, there he felt like his body is becoming very cold and lost his energy. Then he got down from his bike and remembered this Hanumam, then prayed the god that pls help me to reach my home safely, i'll come and visit ur temple next time. Then in few mins he was alright and reached home safely. Till he reached home he didnot felt that once again.
13th August 2014

Hanuman Idol
Dear Mr. Raghavendra, thanks for sharing your beautiful experience.
20th October 2012

Wonderful temple..Hanuman devotees must visit..
I go to both temples every week..Very simple and very great temple to visit.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb