Thottikallu Falls, A picnic spot near Bangalore


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore » Banashankari
March 24th 2012
Published: March 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

How to go there:
You can follow any route to catch Bangalore Kanakapura main road – which is the National Highway 209. Go straight on the highway towards Kanakapura. After a few Kms you will cross NICE ring road. Go further on the highway. You will find “Art of Living” head quarter after 15 kms. Go further about 3 Kms, you will find a place called Kagalpura. Take a left turn from Kagalpura.
After taking the turn, go straight for about 1.5 kms till you find a hospital (?) / rehabilitation center where you have to take a left turn again. Better ask the locals otherwise you are very likely to miss this road as there is no proper landmark to explain. However, if you miss this road and go straight you will still reach the other side of TK falls through CRPF camp. But this road is longer and extremely rough for driving.



After turning left you have to drive 3 kms more to reach the fall, In some places you can see the river on the right side of the road. I had a fear that the road could be bad as many bloggers mention their experience. But luckily the road condition was good till we reached the fall.

What to see:

There is a temple called “Muneswar Temple” at the entrance to the fall. A small temple under a big tree. The place is peaceful.



Then you have to trek further in to the forest and rocks. Trekking is interesting but tiring too. One should better carry some food and drinking water for emergency. While going down to the water we came across a beautiful spot. A stone painted as forest god and some traditional art – jhoti- near it.



The rocks inside water look very attractive. They are interesting to climb. However, many of them are steep, smooth and slippery. One has to be very careful while climbing.



It was extremely hot and climbing too much was very tiring. We finished three bottles of water that we carried. Although there was no water in the fall, the place was still enjoyable. It can be said to be a good picnic spot.



We spent about 2 hours in the place and then proceeded for Pyramid Valley, which is on the same Kanakapura road about 15 kms from TK falls.

You can also read this article in JournalSite at http://journalsite.tk/journalsite/articles/viewarticle.asp?articleid=212

Advertisement



26th July 2012

Nice Pics..
Is there a lake nearby this falls?
13th August 2014

TK falls
Actually we did not see any water in the fall. People there said the water dries up in summer. Yes there are small water deposits which look like lakes. Probably there is another bigger lake at a distance which I have not gone upto.
12th September 2012

TK FALLS IS MANMADE FALLS.
Hello Umakanth, you are doing wonderful job, TK Falls is not natural, the water will come from the lake located above the hill, after releasing the bridge stone.
13th August 2014

manmade fall
Hi samson, you may be right. That is why I could not see any water in the fall. Probably because no water was released because of summer.
4th April 2013

Thanks
I Really liked the article it was very informative thanks a lot.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb