Saskia has arrived! 14.20pm


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore » Ganga Nagar
January 19th 2009
Published: December 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a very tearful goodbye at the airport, customs and boarding is a bit of a blur...

My flight was delayed by about 30mins

I somehow managed to get myself 3seats, which was such a bonus, and good for others as no one wants to sit next to a blabbing mess!!

As i ascended into the air fear overtook me ... Then curry arrived and everything seemed smiley.. For a while.

I became filled with thought as i snacked on Masla Dosa while flying over Baghdad... contemplating the world below me and how far from reality i have lived in sheltered England

When i finally arrived in Mumbai, jet lag and heat filled my body. What hassle it was to find my connecting flight, you would think the need for signs would be reconisgise globally but it seems not...

Banaglore at 5.45pm, met by a very strange looking man with a biro sign saying Sakia Roach Jones... Then drove though rush hour traffic to the flat which took 2 hours, and i say the word 'drove' very losely... It was like being on a farground ride without a seatbelt... Winding though traffic no-one taking notice of lanes, speed or indeed the right side of the road...

The flat is nice, not as third world as i had imagined ... Although i am sleeping on a piece of bed shaped wood.

There was another volunteer here when i arrived so we sat and talked for awhile about her views, she seemed to be put of the project because of the shear size of the city.

Saturday... Me and Tiffany went to the city Gardens, which supposedly rival Kew Gardens, but to be honest the people who wrote that has obviously never been to Kew!! lol

It was lovely though as we managed to stumble across a flower show which happens once and year, surrounded by a little market it was the perfect first day.

Today i went to two of the schools where the project runs, to see how they are taught and what projects they are currently doing

Me and another volunteer James who arrived early Sunday morning played a few games which about 60 off them...Hocky Cokey, Simon Says, Duck Duck Goose and Bang!!

The kids at the school are just lovely!!!

Tomorrow i will be spending a day in the Childrens Home to see how the project is run there, then i can choose how to split my time and start planning lessons!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb