Kashmir A Place of Rich Culture and Amazing Natural Beauty


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir
October 27th 2014
Published: October 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Your visit to Kashmir will be a wonderful retreat from the cacophony of the mundane life of the city where Nature lies hidden from us most of the time. The mesmerizing beauty of Nature that encompasses you in Kashmir refreshes your mind for another renewed race back in your life at the city. So plan your Kashmir holiday soon to get a peek into the rich culture and amazing natural beauty of this unique vale. Read on to learn more.

Kashmir has always been known as a land of immense natural beauty. The valley lies in the midst of the Himalayas, and is well known for it snow covered mountains, and beautiful lakes and rivers. It has been a prime tourist spot for centuries, and its beauty has been described in various works of literature by great poets of the country. Kashmir gained in a great deal of interest even during the British Raj, and has been lauded by the Queen as well.

Paradise on Earth

In spite of all the unrest and disturbances, nothing has been able to deter the beauty and serenity of this beautiful land. Kashmir is one of the only places in the world that can boast of retaining its vivid greenery and pollution free outlook. Kashmir is often quoted to be a ‘Paradise on earth’ due to its immense captivating beauty. It is covered by 3 mountain ranges of three Himalayas, Pir Panjal, Karakoram and Zanskar, which runs from North West to north east. These snow-capped mountains are a treat to the eyes, and one can spend hours mesmerized by natures wonder. The mountain valleys and the vegetation make it seem like a fairy-tale land that has come alive. There are a number of gardens and lake beds which are deemed must visit for anyone visiting Kashmir .

Must Do in Kashmir

Dal Lake: If you have never been on a house boat before, then putting up on a house boat and going on a Shikara ride on the Dal Lake is a must for you. Passing through the calm waters, surrounded by lush green vegetation makes you feel at one with nature. If you decide to spend the night in the boat house then make sure to catch the sun set and the sunrise. Waking up to the sunrise in the middle of the waters is a breathtaking experience indeed.

GulMarg: it literally means “meadow of flowers”, and the name only does half the justice in describing the place. It is one of India’s premier hill resorts, thanks to the wonderful thickets of wild flowers growing on the meadows. It is wonderful sight to see in Kashmir.

Go skiing: Skiing is one of the most sought after sports activities in Kashmir. It is taken up with gusto and vigor by both professionals and novice enthusiasts. Many resorts atop the valley double as adventure resorts as well and will hook you up with skiing equipment’s and instructors as well.

River rafting: River Lidder near Phalgham is one of the most sought after places for river rafting, many adrenalin junkies form all over the world can be seen here, riding down the dangerous, yet thrilling course of the river.

The people and culture

Apart from these wonderful places, the little hamlets and the people in Kashmir are just as interesting as well. The tiny villages are well knit, and you can get to see traditional methods of cooking, cleaning and their traditional lifestyles as well. The houses are made of stones and wood, and it adds to the beauty of the surrounding natural wonders. Many of these villages comprise of artisans who make wonderful shawls, arts and craft works and wonderful paper Mache works as well. On way back from this beautiful land, one must never forget to buy at least a pinch of Saffron, the luxurious and most expensive spice ever discovered and perhaps found only in Kashmir and 2 other places in the world.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb