Pang gang tso


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Ladakh » Pangong Tso
July 13th 2010
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

26th June
We had to compensate for the sleepless night at pang due to the weather (extremely cold), every slept well! Few decided to get ready early to check on the Leh fort, Old fort that should be visited if you have time. We told everybody that it is not worth wasting time on visiting the fort, we had our brunch and decided to go to Pang gong so. Road to Pang gong lake is quite good, from leh it will take about 4 to 5 hours to reach Pang gong. It is one of the amazing places on earth, 130 km lake (40% belongs to India and 60 to China). It is a salt water lake in the valley, you can really feel the color blue. Amazing place to visit, you can also stay there over night if you plan well in advance, one thing you got to remember is that you need to book food and accommodation immediately when you reach pang gong. We had to leave the place as we did not have any accommodation and staying in pang gong was not in the plan. We left around 5:30, when we came to base camp of the chang la we had to tell the gaurds that we will be responsible for our live only then they left us go through the check post. Be careful you might not be as lucky as we were, you should make sure that you pass the check post before 6 PM.
Road - 3 out of 5
Weather - 3 out of 5
Lesson learnt - again start early, we really go very less time near the lake

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb