McLeod Ganj and Bhagsu


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh
November 2nd 2004
Published: November 2nd 2004
Edit Blog Post

Decorated ElephantDecorated ElephantDecorated Elephant

This elephant is almost as big as me.
Well, we got an overnight bus from Bhuntar to Dharamasala, but the only snag was that they dropped us off into an empty bus station at 3am! Eventually we found somewhere open in McLeod Ganj and bedded down. We spent a couple of days relaxing and buying presents to send home for Xmas.

Small bear (a.k.a Helen) has taken it upon herself to do some Olympic standard shopping while here! The last 2 days we have been staying in the villgae of Bhagsu, up the mountain from McLeod Ganj. It's nice enough, pretty chilled with a mix of Indian tourists and foreign travellers staying there.

Generally McLeod Ganj is a great place to be. We checked out the Tibetan Museum and the Dalai Lama's residence, and we are going to the Tibetan Cultural Archive this afternoon.

There are lots of people doing courses in yoga, meditation, massage, reiki etc. here, and if I had more time I would definitely like to learn more about the Buddhist philosophy and meditation practise. But that will have to wait until the return leg of our odyssey to Australia.

Tomorrow we head to Dalhousie in search of (real) bears. Then it's
Arches at the Red Fort, Delhi.Arches at the Red Fort, Delhi.Arches at the Red Fort, Delhi.

These arches are nicer than Archway.
going to be goodbye to Himachal Pradesh and the mountains, which will be a sad affair indeed, as I love this part of India so much.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb