Wandering in the mountains


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh
October 27th 2004
Published: October 27th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Well, what has happened since my last entry? Well first and foremost, I proposed to my small, cute and incredibly furry bear travelling pal. And, thankfully, she accepted. Which made our stay in the little village of Vashisht very memorable indeed.

We spent a few days there, had a look round Manali. Everything is so much more built up in Vashisht than I remember it from 6 years ago, but it's srill a nice place to chill..and with the weather getting colder chill is the best word.

Next stop was Naggar, perched on the mountainside an hour away from Manali. Nice village, wirh an old castle and Roerich art gallery. We stayed in a guesthouse run by a french guy who has been there for 25 years.

Rhen we headed on to the sacred Parvati valley and the village of Kasol, another of my old haunts from previous trips. We are still in Kasol now, sraying with a family in their farmhouse on the hill above the village, very friendly and hospitable people. Rooms are also very cheap (80 rp a night for a double).

It is the Hindu festival of Dusshera now, so lots of little Pujas going on around here. This valley is truly beauriful, steep sided with forest everywhere and hot springs too. The local people are great too.

We went for a walk up the mountain a couple of days ago and bumped into an old Granny walking up the hill with her Grandaughter. Even though they couldn't speak English and we couldn't speak Hindi, through sign language they invited us back to there house in a clearing in the forest. Lovely people.

Tomorrow we head to Kullu to look round the town and do some shopping, then we get the overnight bus to McLeod Ganj for some Tibetan Dalai Lama buisness. Boom.

Advertisement



31st October 2004

big up yourself badboy good
sitting, smoking, coming, going, upside, backside, downsides none. njoi, raoul

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 14; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb