Water Boy in the mountains


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Spiti Valley
September 23rd 2010
Published: October 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Water Boy 8 secs
Here is a short video taken by my Canadian good friend Mark Takefman. We were on our month long trip from Delhi to Leh back through Spiti Valley. This was just one of a number of "challenges" we faced on the so-called roads. Mind you - there were wonderful roads too - freshly paved wide winding beautiful roads. But there were also shit roads (or non-roads!) where you had to just 'gun' it through - keep your nerve - and hope for the best. This one was a stretch of river bed really - the video does not really show the large stones on the river floor!

There were also mud (knee deep) roads on Rohtang Pass (on a switchback straight - so if you dropped over the side you were done for! A long way down!); rocky roads that went on for hours over passed (like Kumzum going into Spiti); the wonderful Jalori Pass into Bangor Valley which was just mud and required 1st gear and careful braking all the way down; places where the road was ankle deep fine dust which just caused havoc with the back wheel of the bike; and just plain BAD roads full of potholes. The thing was that apart from the obviously NEW roads - any other good road could just turn into crap around the next corner or be pitted with holes - so it was intense awareness requirement all the way.

Having said that..... worth it all..... see previous blog on the Mountains.

Note - the video downloads as you look and you might get stops and starts - once it's downloaded you can look again without stops (it's only 8 seconds)

Advertisement



3rd October 2010

Go Gladys Go!!!!!!!!!
Another impressive account of your adventure Paul...........I thought you had your washing in a bag on the side of the bike but after viewing a couple of times realised you had your foot in a plastic bag. I hope you gave Gladys a luving rub after getting you through that lot. Well done and thanks again for sharing. Hugs

Tot: 0.228s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 85; dbt: 0.1243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb