Day 3 - Amritsar to Mcleod Ganj


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Mcleod Ganj
May 28th 2011
Published: July 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Got up about 5:45am and after packing went to Jallianwala Bagh at about 8:00am and returned and had Breakfast at 9.

Then packed the balance and checked out of the hotel and started the ride from Amritsar at 10:00am.
Reached Pathankotat 1;45pm via Batala, Gurudaspur and had lunch at a Dhaba just after crossing the state border to Himachal Pradesh. Left the dhaba at 3pm. At the dhaba met an army officer who told us not to miss Dalhousie, Khajiara and Chamba. He also told us that from Dalhousie we could directly go to Udhampur via Ranjit sagar dam and the road was good. Then reached dharmshala by about 5:15pm. Then went to Mcleod Gunj which was where our hotel Ekant Lodge was located and checked in by about 6pm. When we saw the map we realized that from Amritsar till pathankot we are kind of travelling parallel to the border.

Then did some minor maintenance of the bikes and went in search of a mechanic as we had some small work to be done on both mine and JP’s bikes. Then returned to the hotel and then went for a walk at about 8 pm and had dinner at Norling restaurant and fried momos and Thupkas and then went for a walk around the market place at Mcleod Gunj and returned to the hotel by about 11pm after icecream and then retired for the day. Mcleod Gunj is like Goa on Himalayas. Lot of tourists especially foreigners who could be both Buddhists or tourists, filled with restaurants of all cuisines across the globe. Cool places to hang around and chill.

Did 210 kms today and the odo is reading 460kms

Photos of Day 3

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=pottumarthi&target=ALBUM&id=5624314241166133809&authkey=Gv1sRgCNOc6OGyx6iwWQ&feat=email

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb