feels like home.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Mcleod Ganj
November 15th 2010
Published: November 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are in McLeod Ganj, the seat of the Tibetan government in exile and its a really beautiful place. All the people seem really nice and friendly but i can't help feeling a little land sick. The coast is calling me and we should be heading toward it in a few days to a week.

First things first... are you guys managing to get any of these blogs? it doesn't seem to want to publish them... I've been putting them up as regular as i can but as of yet have only been able to find the ones i put up in england... The others just aren't there but when i log on, there they are... i do a search and they're gone.

So.. Up to here... We decided to leave Manali and get on a bus destined for Dharamsala and Mcleod Ganj and on the way to the bus stand, i twisted my left ankle for the second time in seven days which made me say "ooh golly!" and other things... After throwing up with the pain and hobbling to the bus stand we found our bus and got on board. The journey itself took around nine hours with a couple of stops... In the bus we got chatting to an american couple who were here working in a cafe in McLeod Ganj and had been up in Manali for a break. En route the bus got a puncture(not that thats surprising when it was driving at sixty+ on the hard shoulder). The driver and i changed the tire with the help of some heavy duty pain killers from the Camille(the american girl) and we were again on our way although i didn't feel too safe with the tire that went on as it was down to bare metal almost... No tread at all... This didn't stop the driver from crazy speeds overtaking around blind corners and that was the safe bit!!

We made it to McLeod Ganj and were shown to a hotel by the americans off our bus. This Tibetan run establishment was great and just what we needed after our time in the other places. We went straight to bed and didn't come back down till the morning.

Ihave no clue of how to upload photo's on this site and facebook is refusing to react at all... i get to the photo's bit, put them in and it freezes up and does nothing... you'll all have to wait until i get back to view the photo's that is if any of you are even getting these blogs which at the minute looks doubtful so as you can guess, everythings going oh so right for us here... fun fun fun.

I'm trying to wake up and stay optimistic but it is becoming increasingly difficult with each passing day of one thing after another...

Oh well... love Alan and Jilly.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb