Phew!! arrived at last


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Manali
June 17th 2007
Published: June 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

sweaty-squashed up peoplesweaty-squashed up peoplesweaty-squashed up people

We'll take the train next time!!
Managed to survive the bus trip from Delhi to Manali, but it wasn't pleasant! The trip was supposed to take 16 hours, and we happily booked in to 'sleeper' class, as Joe had travelled this way before and knew it would be more comfortable that in the upright seats... As you can see from the picture, the bunk that we were booked in to was at the end of the bus - usually reserved for anyone vertically challenged or the under fives! needless to say we couldn't stretch out or sit up straight, and every bump we went over, or turn in the road sent us crashing in to a heap - either against the window or in to the metal bars between us and the aisle!

The bus broke down around three times and on one stop it was like a bizarre 'truck-stop' in the middle of nowhere, with swarms of moths clammering to get near to the light reflecting on your face - yuck! We eventually arrived 20-something hours later... dehydrated and very tired. Joe was feeling unwell all the way with an 'uncomfortable stomach' I won't go in to any details.. but we survived it and that's all that matters!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb