Not Goa anywhere!!!!!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
January 21st 2009
Published: January 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

So two weeks later and we are still in palolem! We almost managed to leave, we got to the station ready to board the train to Agra to see the Taj, we got on (and off about 10 times!) our seats had been booked wrong, we were offered two seats in different carriages for the 36 hour journey and the romantic images of Indian trains weren’t quite what we thought!!!!??!! It was a bit of a shock to the system and after about 2 seconds of deliberation we decided to do one!!! So we arrived back in palolem just in time for sunrise and haven’t really done much since. We looked at the option of going down to kerala for 10 days but it was either a 16 hour car journey and the roads are not fun or a very expensive flight so we have decided just to stay in paradise until 30th and fly directly to Chennai which then goes onto Singapore. In hindsight we should have gone straight up to the north as it is very very hard to leave goa!
We have made some friends here which is lovely, there are a lot of people who come and live out here to escape winter in the UK. We have Jess and her 3 and a half year old little girl Denny who live next door. Denny keeps us on our toes and is hilarious! Jess is here with her sister who has twins so its kids everywhere but it’s an amazing place for children.
We did manage to venture out for the day to the second biggest waterfall in India called Dhurzagna which is situated in the most beautiful national park. I never realised how green and lush India would be. After a bone crunching hour long jeep ride through the river and up into the hills we climbed up the rocks to the falls. The water was bracing to say the least and it was all a little confusing for me as I was sitting surrounded by four cockneys rather than the usual one!! We had a lovely dip and watched all the monkeys playing and then got ready for the journey back!
Other than that we are mainly just swimming and relaxing ready to leave on 30th.

I hope everything at home is ok and the weather has warmed up, I wouldn’t go so far
SunriseSunriseSunrise

The morning we should have gone to Agra
as to say I have a tan yet but I definitely have a lot of freckles! Cha I hope the pea is coming along ok and your feeling well, lu, hope you and flo are ok and work is still going well and the moose, thanks for the mail, the money pit sounds like it is keeping you very busy, hope it eases up a bit soon!!!!
Charlie and Al I hope school is ok and tinker is ok going out etc, I bet she has grown loads. Send my love to g also.

Thinking of you all, sorry not got anything more interesting to report but there will be plenty in ten days or so.

Lots and lots of love from us
X x x x x x x x x x x x x x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb