Glastonbury on Sea


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
January 4th 2009
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well where do I start? India is totally mental, anything and anything is possible here!!! We had a crazy day and a half in Mumbai and we were up violently early on new years eve to get the flight to Goa. I was slightly concerned it would be a tiny plane but Jet Airways is about a million times better than virgin! We were greeted at the airport as arranged and had an hour and a half death defying journey to Palolem. When we followed our host through the scrub and shanty towns we both wondered what we were in for, but, we came out to the most amazing palm lined crescent beach. Mum, you would be horrified by our hut, it’s not sealed, there is a mattress, a table, a mosquito net, a loo, a tap and a bucket for washing but it’s gorgeous. Tel’s not too sure about the sleeping bag liners or the mosquito net but it’s a good job we have them! This place is like Glastonbury on sea, it‘s incredible.!! The bars and cafes are lovely and it’s a great atmosphere. There were no parties on new years eve because of the terrorist threat and supposedly fireworks were banned but we were treated to an hour and a half of incredible firework displays while the beach was being guarded by the army! Very surreal but brilliant. We celebrated pretty jet lagged and tired with a coffee in hand. We are in our element, the sea is warm, the sun is hot, the people are so lovely and they even sell banana porridge and ginger tea!!!! Tel had a great birthday, we just lay in the sun, had a few beers and an ayurvedic massage which was heaven. Don’t want to rub in just how lovely and warm it is as I have heard its freezing at home, has it snowed?? I hope your all ok, still having to pinch myself at being here and the fact we aren’t coming home in another week or so but in a very excited way!! Luce, your pink Ibiza bag and Turkish sarong things have proved invaluable already, thanks sis! I think we might be getting tattoo’s done tonight, don’t panic mum only little ones, never got round to it before we went!!! Will let you know what we decide on!!!!!!

Happy New Year to you all, hope your ok and work isn’t too bad, and all you kids are still playing with your toys from santa and that your feeling better Lottie, will write again soon.



Lots of Love from us
X x x x x x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 83; dbt: 0.1179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb