Palolem


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
September 11th 2007
Published: September 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Palolem is famous for backpackers and although its low season most of the hostels are already full up. I'm staying in a little cottage by the beach its in it's own private area and has private access to the beach and a fab reastaurant that does alot of european foods.

The beach is gorgeous and the weather is fab thanks to the monsoon leaving early. Therere lots of Indians who travel from all over India to Palolem, to sell their hand made items and other goods. They are a far cry from the pushy ones in the main cities, they do all ask the same questions in the same order which can be funny but it's good to chat with them as one of
the girls, I chatted with today was from Jaipur a place I plan on travelling to so it was nice to hear what advice she had about the place.

Think we offended one guy today though, he wanted us to buy a massive drum,
when we declined, after much persuasion he told Finn that he had 'a massive head and big hairy legs' before storming up the beach.

Another thing to be aware of in Palolem and I suppose onmost other beaches in India are the oogling men with cameras. They tend to position themselves near a group of unsuspecting sunbathers while their friend clicks away on his camera. But I guess they're not used to seeing so much exposed skin on show and it's something that if you're prepared to sunbathe in a bikini then you need to be prepared for the consequences....you can always take photos of them if it makes you feel any better.

There are lots of fab restaurants to eat in in Palolem but the best in my opinion would have to be the Palolem Beach Resort, it serves a variety of Goan, India, and Continental foods, that are cheap and tasty.
Smugglers Inn is also a great place for meals or to just relax and snuggle up on the couch and discuss with friends where you plan on travelling to next.

There are also plenty of stalls and shops selling everything you need here from clothes to sunscreen, and if you are just planning a trip to Goa for a week or two, I'd recommend buying everything when you get here as its much cheaper then back home. The clothes are beautiful but some maybe a bit too skimpy for travelling around the rest of india.

Tonight is my last night in Palolem, tomorrow I'll be getting a bus to Margoa and then onto Panaji, for a couple of nights before flying to Cochin.

It would be so easy to stay here for the rest of my time in India and I would actually love to but I really need to see alot more of the country, and maybe if I have time I'll even come back????





Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb