Paradise in Palolem


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
March 27th 2007
Published: March 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone - just a quick update of what's been happening! we left the school and went to delhi - stayed with our friends ashu and his family in Delhi (uneventful apart from me spilling hot tea down myself and burning my thigh - ouch) and then a flight to goa. Palolem is beautiful, a wide stretch of golden sand fringed with palm trees and packed with everything that you need to live...good food, supplies and bamboo huts for less than 1 pound a night!

We met up with nats sister and her friends and then went up to calangute for a few days...such a shock after the peaceful laidback backpacker lifestyle at Palolem. Wall to wall tourists seriously - package holiday hell! i never thought for one minute that the type of all inclusive package crowd would ever consider coming to india for one minute...but come they do...We went to one beach where rows and rows of pasty topless tourists lay in rows inevitably burning, with throes of indian sellers trying to vainly sell necklaces, stickers, maps, henna all under the burning sun. it was an experience...

Thankfully nats and i have scuttled back to Palolem where we are now chilling out in our beach hut taking life easily! Its getting noticably hotter by the day though and it is hard to do the smallest thing without it seeming like a huge effort and breaking into a sweat! food here is gorgeous. will update soon love to all xxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb