Feeling to much like tourists


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
January 16th 2007
Published: January 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we have reached the beach! It is beautiful, just a bit touristy. I have heard it is less touisty than the rest of Goa, but apparently it has gone from a few restaurants and huts/rooms to hundreds of them in the past 4 or 5 years! I'm going to try and post some photos, then I will return and write more. Here goes... Well that was a waist of time - the computer is very fast and the people here are very helpful, but the same thing happened as before - I got the pics onto the computer, followed the steps & the are still not on this blog! So anyway - you all may have to wait to see the photos, or maybe it is easier on myspace! (By the way, I have a myspace page now.) So the bus rides to get here were a bit crowded, but we met a very nice family - through eye contact only (they couldn't speak english). But the men offered up their seats to us and we sat with the mother and sister and newborn baby. We shared some food & some smiles. I have had some really nice walks on the beach and a couple dips in the Arabian Sea, and enjoyed some good meals at restaurants right on the beach. (Everything is a bit overpriced though). And there seem to be more foriegners than locals. Our hut is nice - with two beds, a light, a fan, and a porch. I am eager to get a little further south though - we hope to go to Gokarna tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb