Christmas by the Sea - 'Cozy Nook'


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
December 30th 2006
Published: January 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

At last, after 3 and a half weeks here I have managed to get my arse off the beach to write my blog...how the time has flown and now we are about to leave this little haven and head East.

Our time here has been a real respite from the rest of our travels, although I have started to feel quite guilty as staying in Goa is hardly travelling in the true sense of the word as everything you get at home is readily available and all the people here are very westernised, very aware of the material world that exists - all running little business ventures outside of their day jobs - taxis, fishing trips, etc - very admirable indeed.

Of course there is poverty and sadness but somehow the environment and the setting seem to lift spirits and enable everyone to get along together and enjoy life. There are 4 guys, Dillup, Mickey, Sam and Ram, that work at "Cozy Nook" where we are staying and we have developed a real relationship with them which we will all the sad about ending.

On Boxing Day I helped with a party that was put on for all the local village children, we played musical chairs, pass the parcel, lemon and spoon (eggs would be too wasteful) and a very Asian game - 'how quickly you could climb the top of a coconut palm and back' - I didn't try, only the local boys were game - the quickest was 16secs!!! It was great fun, the kids absolutely loved it and I loved it too and was glad to be part of it and enjoy all the energy.

The rest of our time really has been mainly lazing around in our beach bungalow, waking up to the crashing of the waves and the early morning chorus and enjoying the most amazing sunrises and sunsets. Oh. and the odd spot of yoga, how could I forget that, I can now do a headstand although no lotus yet!!

We have really loved the sun, the sea and the relaxation but it has also been a real time to reflect on what we have done so far and what feelings India has conjured up within us and now we are ready to move on and once again enter the complex cultural maze of this land and get back into the travelling and more mind blowing experiences.







Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



2nd January 2007

nous te souhaitons une bonne et hereuse année!
I have cheated margaux nourtier wrote the header E and P xxxx
15th January 2007

hut name
Hi can you please tell the name of the place , that says hut3 our pad. thanks
16th January 2007

Hut 3 is at Cozy Nook - North end of Palolem Beach - a fantastic place to stay run by a great group of people - enjoy!
16th December 2007

advice
going to goa in jan. Want to stay at cozy nook for a few days trying to book online having trouble can anyone help ?

Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0998s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb