Baga


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Baga
October 8th 2008
Published: October 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well here we are in Baga, unfortunately. We spent our last night in Arambol supposedly having a quiet meal as we were both hungover. We ate at a restaurant called The Rice Bowl overlooking the sea and all was going well until we met a crazy bloke called George and/or Will who was russian and believed he came from outer space. He was a prime example of someone who has been in india too long and smoked way too many drugs! Another giveaway was the fact that he was wearing a cannabis leaf tshirt, pants with Jamaica written across them and had a massive tattoo of Bob Marley across his chest. When talking to me about space travel his teeth fell out and he nonchalently put them back in before trying desperately to persuade us to go to a rave in the jungle with him. We declined. However by this point we decided to have a few more drinks, which led to a fewmore and ultimately it was 6am and we were sitting on our neighbours balcony listening to Israeli music completely twatted. I have a vague recollection of Catherine singing to the tramps at 4am but not much after that. This didnt bode well for our checking out at 10am and we finally crawled out at 12 and scarpered off to Baga before we had to face a) our bar bill b) the landlord as we lost the key to the room. Have come to the realisation that unless i get dysentry and never going to lose weight in India as have turned into some sort of beer monster! Drinking 6-8 giant beers at about 50p each night is going to mean i come home a right fatty! Anyway we had a very uncomfortable journey down the coast to Baga, Catherine trying not to puke, me still abit fucked but we arrived in Baga early afternoon. Our taxi driver regaled us of tales such as when he saw a python crossing the road with a goat inside it, and other gems to help us and our unsettled stomachs. We are already thinking it was an error coming here as this is obviously the benidorm of India. We have only seen two other westerners, the rest of the population being Indians on holiday. This will probably be a problem on the beach tomorrow as they all swim in the sea in saris and obviously we are far more trampy than that! Meeting up with Rob from the plane tomorrow so should be a good laugh, although Catherine has sworn off drinking although i would bet everything i own she will be on it again this time tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0785s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb