Delhi belly!!! Oh, dear


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Baga
December 18th 2006
Published: December 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, both I and Emelie have been suffering from dodgy stomachs now since the last 5 days. Just when you think you are over it it starts again. So you take an Imodium and you are fine for a day and the next day you are back to rushing to the toilet again. Tomorrow I will go to the Doctor to see if they can give me some super cure. Emelie is planning on going on Imodium until 20th of Dec as that is when she leaves and then go to the Doctor when she is home if she has not recovered.

Been to the markets in Anjuna and Ingo's market (near Baga and Calangute). Ingo market is much better than the Anjuna market. There you also find live music and loads of food stores. We enjoyed our shopping there and managed to by some gifts using our great haggling skills that we have attained during our last few weeks here. We had some lovely roast beef there and fried potatoe and salad as there are loads of western food stands as well. Despite the fact we were both suffering from Delhi Belly we just could not resist it. Although we did save the eating to just before we left so the toilet was at easy reach when we got back. Anjuna is too crowded. Did not like it at all. On the walk down there we were approach by 5 different people to buy Marijuana, smack, lsd, charlie.... Leaving the market a little boy of 7 shouted " Marijuana, good stuff, good price for you". 7 YEAR OLD BOY!!!!

In Anjuna we also met some lovely 4 lads from the old Blighty and a crazy Swede by the name of Henry who just kept going on about trance music and how great it is to be tripping and a not so crazy swede by the name of Martin. The next odd person we met was Vicky who managed to insult everyone in the hotel we stayed at - Anjuna Villa. She managed to get drunk at 10.30 in the morning and drove the vespa she never had driven before into a wall we were later told by our English friends. They joined us to Tito Friday night. Tito was really empty and not what I would have expected. I think Mambo is the better place to go to. We still have not managed to go there as our bellys have been upside down.

Ohh, the distasterous news we found out today is that Titos, Mambos, Club Cabana and most bigger clubs are going to be closed for the next 3 weeks as well as the Saturday markets due to bomb scares. So, I am going to wait and see what else may be happening during New Years around here.

What else, ohh, loads of beach, some cocktails. Planning on going to Hampi when Emelie leaves and probably come back here to Goa after that. Want to do an open water diving course so hopefully do that when I get back. May head down to Gokarna for a bit. Hmm, well I will keep you updated.

By the way, have had some probs again downloading photos due to slowness. Will try again some other day. Until then, Au revoir.

Advertisement



19th December 2006

Delhi belly's
Hi girls , would advise you to go get digene tabs which are chewable like rennie and ask for a ridol tablet have one before you sleep and you should be fine . Also black coffee or coke at night. Trust me ! ridol is super stop to the Delhi Belly and absolutely safe. Carr Ridol for the rest of the trip and digene. Cheers Aniruddh
21st December 2006

Hotel review
Hi Ann, Could u give me your view of the hotel - planning to be there after new years for a couple of days - alone . Do let me know please - if you can , nd yes if you want try an indian medicine called Pudin Hara - its ayrrvedic , made of mint and really effective . Thanks, rahulcal@yahoo.com
25th December 2006

Happy Christmas
Hey!!! I'm really sorry i've been so slack in the commenting department. You're probably tucked up oin bed by now but Happy Christmas anyway. Hope you had a good day and you've recovered from your illness. Also hope Emilie managed to get home ok following our lovely delays, oh God I hate planes. Anyway, I spent the remainder of my time with another mental Swede who like all the others i've met made me drink too much. Then ended up in Mumbai running around the Red Shield Hostel having a water fight with an Irish girl. Best thing ever to happen in the s**thole that is Mumbai. Anyway, send me an email and keep me updated. I'm much more likely to reply by email as it doesn't involve finding this piece of paper... Andy andy.skelton@@hotmail.co.uk

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb