Arambol


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Arambol
April 16th 2010
Published: May 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Arambol



What a hard life, another beautiful beach resort!!

It was low season when we arrived, and it meant we were able to get a great deal on an apartment-style room, complete with shower (usually you just get a plastic bucket), kitchen, roof terrace, and last but not least a FRIDGE!!

Again there was a lot of swimming and beach activities, with little bamboo restaurants keeping us refreshed day and night. GP even invented his own cocktail, aptly named "Squiffy Liffy", Due to the number consumed, the recipe is a bit hazy, but Gin and lemon were involved ....... delicious after a long hot day.
Amusingly after such beverages, the boys managed to lose their clothes on more than one occasion after a late night swim.

Local sights were of the natural sort here, one amazing excursion took us through some very sweaty 'jungle' to find a (?) 500yr old Banyan Tree. This tree is considered holy by Hindus and had a small shrine at its base, where we sat and chilled whilst looking and the crazy roots, branches and trunks that seemed to thread up and down to the ground, like an ornate curtain...well worth the mission.

After several relaxing days of sunshine and seafood, it was time to leave Goa and head inland and north for the temple town of Hampi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.025s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb