Don't you just hate Mondays


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Anjuna Beach
March 30th 2010
Published: March 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from the Goan Sea....
We're currently bobbing up and down in the waves, looking out onto massive stretches of palm trees and beaches, sipping coconut fenny and scorching our bald spots. Goa is as you would expect, pretty close to paradise, apart from the awful tourist resort down the road which is crammed to the brim with fat English tourists.

The trip here was a mixture of emotions. Waking up at ungodly hours to catch trains, passing through Delhi and Mumbai - Delhi kind of ok, and Mumbai utterly fascinating - sweating our socks off. Stuff is cheap, Tandoori fish a particular highlight. Coconut Fenny (a kind of spirit) a close second. Mopeds are plentiful, can you believe we're actually braving the Indian roads! You pick it up after a while, just beep at anything that moves.

We can safely say, currently we are completely relaxed - but the looming next slog of travels is on the horizon. But in the meantime, back to the beach we go! We know you hate us. Don't you just hate Mondays!


Advertisement



30th March 2010

Hi Emma, sounds like you're having the travel you imagined :) Glad to hear from you, Yes we hate you because you're in the paradise beach and we are hear in the literally raining London! :( Oh well, looking forward to hear from you remaining new adventures! (what's next?) I'm going to Turkey on May for a week, that's definitively something to look forward. Enjoy every day, speak soon x
30th March 2010

Thanks
Hello! Just wanted to say thank you - I am using part of your blog for one of my English lessons as I am teaching a group in Cambridge and you have a nice variety of vocabulary and interesting expressions which will be great for my students to learn. I'm coming to India in Autumn so your blog is also very inspiring! Enjoy!

Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb