A day at Anjuna Beach, juggling and thongs!!!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Anjuna Beach
January 28th 2009
Published: January 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Would You Buy A Used Car Off This Man?Would You Buy A Used Car Off This Man?Would You Buy A Used Car Off This Man?

Answers on a postcard to...........
27 November 2008

The next morning we wake to the news about a series of bombings in Mumbia, 150 dead and many more wounded. We’d missed it by less than 12hrs. This was my worst nightmare, in our original planning for our trip I’d vetoed India for this very reason. We all called home to let everyone know we were safe. This might not be over yet so we’re staying low and on the beach.

Well that’s really all we did for our first and second day, sunbath and swim, down several VLS’s (vodka, lime & soda) take the piss out of everyone (John and I have very similar sense of humour) people watching and chillin’. We also tried our first Indian curry; one of several to come, sublime, and the chicken tikka is just amazing!

Did I mention it’s HOOOOOT!!!!

28th November 2008

Today John suggested we take a walk around the headland to Ajuna beach. We’d also have a chance to find some more birdies. The walk took about an hour; it was pretty hard going especially in the 35C heat. When we finally collapsed on a beach bed we found ourselves on a beautiful stretch of coast with bars built on stilts shaded with palm trees, this was more like it. Guess what happened next? More VLS’s and a smoke or two stood in the warm sea. This could get predictable I know, but we’ve decided to hang around for a couple of weeks to adjust to the heat. You can definitely understand why so many westerns winter here, life just grinds to a halt. With a million bar boys running around tending to you every need it’s increasingly hard to get motivated, Pili is loving it.

I have to mention a very disturbing sight we had while at Anjuna beach. Can someone please tell why men of 50+yrs feel the urge to play beach tennis in fluorescent thongs? All afternoon these four guys pranced about bending over to pick up the bloody tennis balls with an occasional break for some stretching. One guy started juggling, I almost left the beach. John and Pilar were in hysterics, it’s been a constant theme of amusement ever since. Think of the children!!!!

We all came to the conclusion that tomorrow we’d go and take a trip up the Chapora River in one of the local boats; it lays approx 3km north along the coast. We’ve been assured that it’s a great place for wildlife, especially birds.



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

It was already approx 25CIt was already approx 25C
It was already approx 25C

it was only 10:30am
Our secret little bayOur secret little bay
Our secret little bay

Their is a great Chinese Resturaunt hidden here
My first photo in GoaMy first photo in Goa
My first photo in Goa

My furry little chin rug has gone :(


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb