The Story so far ....


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Anjuna Beach
January 10th 2009
Published: January 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey all! OK we've just got around to creating a blog, so below are out ramblings so far. To recap, we flew into Mumbai, flew pretty much straight down to Goa and set up camp at Anjuna beach for new years. It was great - laid back, scenic, hot, lots of trance and incence and hippy tat. Felt like we were at a festival! Very nice too. We moved apartments to a quite swish one with our own kitchen and big balcony and everything!

We've now moved down to the state of Kerala, with brief dash inland to the city of Mysore (via overnight train and hot small buses - ug) but below are our ramblings from Goa ... enjoy!:


29th December

Mumbai

(Chris)

Landing at Mumbai airport it seemed like it was still being built!
The taxi journey back to the hotel was a bit chaotic, they seem to use their horns more than their indicators!
The lanes mean nothing and people just want to find the quickest route through.

We arrived at the hotel to find it covered in scaffolding. But not ordinary scaffolding that we're used to, bamboo canes lashed together with rope.

(Sarah)

After a bit of a rest we ventured out to see a bit of Mumbai. We were in the suburbs near the airport so not much to see or do!
We did spend about 20 minutes waiting for a chaance to dodge across the most chaotic road I've ever seen!

Curry for tea - they insisted Chris had Carlsberg instead of the Kingfiisher he actually ordered. Bit bizare.

They seemed to think our food choices a little odd, unless paronia...paronia!

Defo went overboard with the rice ordering...then dithered about whether to tip and how much. Must find out about that.



2nd Jan

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We saw the new year in on the beach - there was a section with bonfires, loads & loads of people - proper beach party style.
They set off ridiculous amounts of fireworks - amazing stuff!

We spent new years day on the beach in the sun, lying on the sarongs we probably got well overcharged for at the flea market. Nice though.

Was served a massive Tuna fish, complete with eyeball that I couldn't manage - think I offended them a bit but it was huge, and it was dark so I couldn't see what i was doing!


3rd Jan

(Chris)

Weeee!
Today we spent the day darting about on a little scouter.
I was quite suprised they didn't want a copy of my passport, to see my driving license, a deposit or even payment up front!

Because of this I made sure I went over every pot-hole in the road, and there were a lot.
Sarah can vouch for this as she spent her journeys bouncing up and down on the back.

We took a trip to Vagator, the next village up from Anjuna.
After topping up our burn a little on a new beach we took a hike up to Chapora Fort.





Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



11th January 2009

I own all the wine!
12th January 2009

Lucky you!
Hi both, Mint blog and story so far. Sounds like you had an amazing new year and are really enjoying yourselves. Keep doing that and keep us undated. Lots of love Al and Sy xXx

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb