Day 3 - 6


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Anjuna Beach
March 3rd 2008
Published: March 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we left our home stay at Fort Cochin and got our tickets. Bad news is the train leaves in 12 hours. We end up chilling at the same juice bar for about 3 hours, went to watch an epic Indian movie about some warlord and some hot chick who married him and is suspected of trying to assassinate him, far too many plots squashed into a movie, we left after 2 hours, i dunno how long it is. So essentially, we just bummed about for the next several hours then went to the station where we met a Israeli soldier who has been in India for 3 months already. When the train finally arrived we hopped into our sleeper car and tried to sleep, it was pretty hardcore stuff.

A few hours of sleep later, the sun was up and people were moving around. So SR and i got up to chat while Joe continued to snooze. When we arrived at Mangalore we headed to the ticket booth to get our next ride up to Margao in Goa, it was only in a few hours so we decided to keep on going. This is where we met this crazy Spanish dude whom i will describe as a druggie/geek/hippie. He's complete passionate about traveling, but to be honest, i think he's complete lost his mind. He kept going on and on about random shit and so we just listened and laughed at this shit. Another thing was what he was on 4hours or our 6 hours ride. HAHA.

The ride was really rough, hard wooden seats and all. But somehow we've gotten used to it. We tried to sleep, played cards, ate, drank, fagged all the way till we reach Margao. When we got there we got a major rip-off cab ride to Anjuna beach, not much choice as it was really late. Upon reaching Anjuna we had an awesome meal after only eating some chips and samosas on the train. Next we went to look for rooms, bad timing. It was late and many rooms were full. The first room we saw was really far to haggard for us to handle. So after walking around for over an hour we reached Coutinho's Nest; recommended by lonely planet. We tried to call but SR's phone didn't seem to be able to call local numbers. Shit.

Luckily some random helpful scooterist stopped to help us call, she picked up and came out. Unfortunately she was full, we we're in deep shit. Fortunately though, her neighbor had a couple of free rooms for us, we took it. We went up to their place worried they might be pissed of at their late night intruders, but this catholic family welcomed us and all was good. We literally died in our cots that night.

The next morning we went about and had great meals and all. Goa is really an ultra-touristy beach town, we've got to leave here soon. It's nearly the same as going to phuket or club med, except the fact the a lot of dudes are trying to sell us weed.

So, all is good. All 3 of us as fine. Take it easy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb