Paradise Found!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Agonda
December 6th 2006
Published: December 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our Hut!Our Hut!Our Hut!

We are staying in the front hut on the left.
We found the beach weve been looking for....and it's called AGONDA! For 150rupees a night ($4.50USD) we are staying in a tiny hut, footsteps away from the Arabian Sea. It is so quiet here and the water is nice and warm. All that we have done for the past two days is games of dominoes, reading, swimming and eating seafood. The beach scene here is strange.........there are maybe 30people on the entire stretch (1.5miles) of beach......but there are about 40 cows that are always roaming around. Never in my life would I ever thought I'd be concerned with a cow eating my snack-food while I was swimming in the ocean! Also, it seems that heavy-set/fat people are considerd very wealthy here in India, so I (Michael) feel like Donald Trump!! It's great.....and alot different from the Los Angeles beach scene. Weve been traveling so much the past couple days (planes/trains/taxis/rickshaws), it's been so nice to just chill and relax.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Ade and the Hut!Ade and the Hut!
Ade and the Hut!

This is Adrianne. She is on vacation. Please do not disturb....thank you.
Sunset on 12.6.2006Sunset on 12.6.2006
Sunset on 12.6.2006

The view from the steps of our hut.
Downtown AgondaDowntown Agonda
Downtown Agonda

This is traffic in Agonda. It's just like the 405 Freeway......about 200years ago.
The BeachThe Beach
The Beach

Who needs Malibu???
Sunset.Sunset.
Sunset.

My favorite picture so far - Michael


6th December 2006

Message for "Donald Trump"
Mike - Life is good huh! So happy you and Ade are enjoying. As I sit at my desk and work my you know what off here in the 20 degree weather in Pa I am living vicariously through your emails. You mom said, "Don't bring home any cows or orphans." So happy you are having a great time!!! What is the Condo fee on that hut I might have to change my retirement to India. Love, Aunt I
7th December 2006

Nice work
Ade, you are amazing!! My mom sent me the link to this blog. It's awesome to follow you guys and try to live vicariously through you a bit. Love you! Ann
9th December 2006

anup here again! do you think we can get accomadation durin new years ?? about 6 of us! is it safe ? does the place where you stay have a phone number???
10th December 2006

RESPONSE FOR ANUP
agonda beach huts hey there anup! yes, i believe if you call ahead, you can get space for new years. this place is a little off the beaten path, much nicer than the colva/benalum beach and calangute/baga. they offer something different than what we were looking for. the place is called dersy... their huts were rs 150 when we were there, but i imagine more over the busier part of the season. they also had rooms above the restaurant which was just across the small road. the number is (i don't know where you are calling from) is: 0832/264.7503 the first part is the "area code" and the second part the local number. so if you are in india outside of goa, dial the whole thing. if you are in goa, dial only the last 7 numbers. if you are out of the country, dial your code for calling india and then the whole number (i think... you should check). i have to say, this place was DIVINE. i absolutely loved it. everynight on the beach, the electricity went out. this only made the place more charming... have a great time... let us know if you have any other questions. we're heading north for new years... manali... by dharmsala.
11th December 2006

thank u!
thanx for the detailed info there! we were lukin for a similar place too. and yeah i stay in india, so dialing the number will not be a problem i suppose. i think that will do. how do u reach the beach from the bus stop?? we will be staying only for a night. should we hire bikes or walk? and happy holidays at manali, keep blogging. Will chec your journals!

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb