Travel the paradise – Explore the wild side of India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Chattisgarh
July 30th 2015
Published: July 30th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Ever been to a place that brings you closer to nature! Ever wanted to experience the wildlife that exists amongst us! A haven for innumerable wildlife species, wildlife sanctuaries in India provide you with just the retreat away from city life that you are looking for. India is blessed with a wonderful ecosystem that allows a balanced sustenance of flora and fauna in complete harmony with each other. Venturing on a wildlife journey gives you an opportunity to come a step closer to the natural habitats of a plethora of mysterious animals, birds and reptiles. Every state in India has many wildlife sanctuaries that are well preserved and well balanced by the conservationists and forest departments. Few of these wildlife sanctuaries preserve some of the animals that have depleted in number over the years and are now protected strictly in their respective habitats. The animals that are now endangered but protected in different wildlife sanctuaries includes Snow Leopard of Himalayas, Asiatic Lions in Gir Forest, Royal Bengal Tigers in Sunderbans, West Bengal, Asiatic Elephants of Periyar, Indian One Horned Rhinoceros of Kaziranga, Great Indian Bustard of Great Bustard Sanctuary in Kutch, etc. There are innumerable National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries in India that houses and protects these endangered species and experiencing this thrill once in your lifetime should be a priority.

Below are the regions that encompass some of the popular National Parks in India that one should definitely visit during their Wildlife Tour Package.

North India- Most frequented wildlife sanctuaries of this region include Bharatpur National park, Jim Corbett, Kanha, Ranthambore, Assan Barrage Bird Sanctuary, Kishanpur wildlife sanctuary, etc.

These National Parks have wonderfully preserved creatures that include Himalayan Marmots, Ibex Goat, Blue sheep, Snow leopards, Himalayan Wolfs, Snow Partridges, Makhor and so on.

East India- This region is widely known for some of the popular National Parks including kaziranga National Park, Satkosia Basipalli Sanctuary, Singha Rhododendron Sanctuary and Kyongnosla Alpine Sanctuary etc.

These National Parks have been protecting and preserving some of the endangered species including the One Horned Rhinoceros, Royal Bengal Tigers, Elephants, Wild Buffalos, Hispid Hare and Pigmy hog etc.

West India- Home to the Asiatic Lions in Sasangir National Park and Great Indian Bustard in Great Bustard Sanctuary in Kutch, are few of the National Parks in India that should genuinely be visited once in a lifetime.

These National Parks are the most frequently visited National Parks and Sanctuaries in India that offers a peculiar range of flora and fauna. One should definitely try space out some time to go and visit these sanctuaries during their wildlife safari tour in India.

South India- An altered tropical climate greets you in South India. The environment is adroit for various flora and fauna. Some of the famous Wildlife Sanctuaries in South includes the Bandipur National Park, Periyar wildlife sanctuary, Nagarhole National Park, Mudumalai Wildlife sanctuary, Thattekad Bird Sanctuary, Wayanad wildlife sanctuary, Idukki wildlife sanctuary, Nagarjunasagar wildlife sanctuary, Srisailam wildlife sanctuary etc that house species like Tigers, Wild Bison, Sloth Bears, Mouse Deer, Wild Pigs, and Asiatic Elephants etc .

These National Parks houses different varieties of flora and fauna that one should definitely visit during their tiger safari tour package India.

Blessed with some of the most enthralling creatures that walk this earth, the countless wildlife sanctuaries in India take you on a mesmerizing journey into the wild and help you be one with nature!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb