"Do Not Spit In The Complex"


Advertisement
Asia » India » Bihar » Bodh Gaya
January 9th 2008
Published: January 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I've gone over this blog in my head about a dozen times, but have generally not felt like sitting at a computer...or when I have felt like it, the internet isn't working. One day I started writing a sentence in an email to a friend that then turned into a long string of descriptive terms/statements. It kinda just felt like the right way to convey my thoughts on India so far...so here you go. All t... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Monks in BodhgayaMonks in Bodhgaya
Monks in Bodhgaya

This was the typical scene on any of the streets.
Crap On A WallCrap On A Wall
Crap On A Wall

Cow poop being dried in the sun to be used as fuel for fire. This stuff is everywhere.
Sadhus And Buddhists Apparently MixSadhus And Buddhists Apparently Mix
Sadhus And Buddhists Apparently Mix

This guy is a Hindu Shiva-dedicated Sadhu...but was still at the Buddhist world peace puja in Bodhgaya.



25th January 2008

"Sex sells??"
Hey good stuff on your time in India. One of the pastors at Kensington (the 'mega church' I attend here in the Detroit area) has been to India several times and always shares how affected he is each time by the poverty, disorganization and general sensory overload. So what's with the 'sex sells' title on one of your blog sections? Did I miss something? Who was selling and who was buying??
26th January 2008

It does indeed sell.
I guess I wasn't completely clear about that one. But the only reason people go to Khajuraho is for these temple carvings...many of which are kamasutra...various explicit sexual positions. So...the 1000 year old bizarre sexual temple carvings sell Khajuraho to travelers.
28th January 2008

today is a sad day.
1 year ago today we arrived in India on the first day of our trip, so i enjoyed your blog more than usual. My mantra for india... " for any words you can think of to describe India, the opposite is always true". had a great time there and seems like you are too! Happy days!
1st February 2008

blown away...
Marc....I can't tell you how blown away I have been when reading all of your entries about your trip. Truly amazing! Even though you feel at times that your thoughts are all over the place, know that I'm pretty sure they can be appreciated by more then just me. It gives me a more real feel as to what each place is like. I have a friend who spent a few months in India last summer. It has been interesting to me to read your comments from this blog and relate parts of them to the conversations I used to have with him while he was there. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences with all of us. Reading your posts have reminded me of how much I desire to travel....so until that becomes a possibility, I appreciate being able to see parts of it through your pics and learn of the places through your words.
25th April 2012
More Ghandi Stuff

S
Shobha

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 16; dbt: 0.0716s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb