Hydrabad


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad
September 24th 2007
Published: October 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in Hydrabad halfway through the India vs Pakistan match. So all the rickshaws at the airport did'nt want to move!!!but we eventually got to our hotel--hotel suhail---i wouldnt recommend it though as it felt more like a prison, smelt of piss, and the mattresses looked like they had been slashed with a knife ohhh and the sign on the back of our room door informing us not to hurt other inmates wasn't the most reassuring.
India won--and the celebrations started immediately and continued on in to the small wee hours of the morning. The following day we just wanted to check emails and get some food, but everywhere was closed as it was Ganesh Chathuri festival, lots of drinking and partying on the streets, as families brought their massive Ganesh statues to the lake. We walked with the crowds and found a small little place to eat, near the Taj hotel, really cheap but yummy food. Following day we met up with friends who work in Hydrabads Hi tech city and ate in a very fancy restaurant called Our Place, nice food set in a courtyard they paid though (: its great being a budgeting tourist. We then went to a pub called Number 10 Downing Street and saw how the middle class Indians live--it was Karaoke nite and the singing was sooooooo bad, drinks were ridiculously expensive even by western standards. Not much to report on Hydrabad as we were only there to see friends, but the Charmina and the bazaar are supposed to be great.
Almost missed our flight to Jaipur, but thankfully Spicejet waited an extra 15 mins for us even after check in had closed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb